This course is now available as part of the Art Marketing Courses Bundle on MyMarketingCourses.com
If you want to build an audience, develop relationships, increase trust and authority, which will give you the best, most efficient way to sell products and services, email marketing is essential.
Email Marketing for Small Businesses is a complete 4-week Step-By-Step Email Marketing Crash Course. Use it to get a fast start on building your business with email marketing.
Here is what smart, successful marketers say about email marketing:
1. Affordable - no other form of advertising comes close the dirt-cheap cost to send messages. TV ads cost in the hundreds of thousands or millions. The CPM (cost-per-thousand) and low response rates for print ads make them unattractive, even if your media buys keep newspapers and magazines alive. Direct mail costs more than $600 per thousand pieces. With email, there are almost no costs at all. But its low cost only makes the argument stronger that email marketing is the most cost-effective advertising method available today.
2. Measurable - with TV, radio, and direct mail, you never know who is watching, listening, or reading your messages. With email, you can know which messages get opened and which links get clicked. Email easily beats its competition from a measurability standpoint.
3. Ownership - with other means of marketing that involves third-parties, whether social media, print, radio or TV, you pay for access to the platforms list. You can lose access for multiple reasons at any time. You are always at risk if your marketing is solely dependent on third-party channels. Your email list is a bottom-line asset for your business. It generates ongoing revenue for you now and will increase your company value if you decide to sell your business.
4. Effectiveness - According to Dialogtech, email is nearly 40 times better than Facebook and Twitter at acquiring customers (McKinsey & Company). Email is often more personal than social channels. You can customize your emails to a particular recipient (different subject lines, including their name, offers based on past purchases, etc.) making it much more likely they open your emails and act.
5. Personalization - using marketing automation with your email marketing, you can create personalized marketing experiences based on customer preferences and behaviors. This type of marketing is more powerful, efficient, and profitable than any of its competitors.
This 4-week crash course packs a punch. You can see all you will learn below. Make sure you click the down arrow (at the bottom of the list of course lectures below) to see all of the course content. It is loaded with useful information, and profitable, actionable advice. You will find lots of help and inspiration to get your email marketing program off to a flying start.
Hi,I'm Barney Davey. If you are an artist, photographer, or work as an entrepreneur creative field, I can serve your efforts to create a prosperous career.
I launched a marketing and advertising business in my 20s and sold it to take a position as a senior account executive at a top trade magazine publishing and trade show exhibition company.
We served a variety of small business markets, including:
The exposure into how small businesses succeeded in such a wide range of industries was a fantastic learning experience. I use the wisdom and insights I gained to help artists and other small business entrepreneurs create profitable marketing systems.
Since 1988, thousands of artists have sought my advice for new ways to boost their careers. They trust my books, blog posts, workshops, online training, and consulting to help them get ahead.
I began advising artists in 1988 when I joined Decor magazine and the Decor Expo trade shows as a marketing executive. The shows and magazine were most influential in the retail art business in their time.
Before its demise due to the internet, for 135 years, Decor was in the business of helping artists, galleries, and picture framers. At its peak, the Decor Expo Atlanta Show was ranked in the top 100 among more than 10,000 annual tradeshows produced in the U.S.
As a result of my attendance at more than 200 art tradeshows, I got to know many of the industry's most successful artists. Traveling to shows gave me a unique chance to observe their best marketing practices.
Now, I share my insights and experiences with thousands of artists. They use my knowledge and marketing savvy to find collectors, sell more art and operate a profitable business.
These books have an ongoing impact in the marketplace. Here is a recent screenshot from the Amazon Kindle "Business of Art" best sellers list. It shows five of my books listed in the top 10 all at the same time.
That is an extremely rare feat I'm proud to share with you. I trust seeing these results gives you confidence in my information. Since several of the books are years old, I believe it demonstrates the evergreen quality of the practical advice I provide for artists.
I have also produced and delivered hundreds of live workshops and online webinars for artists on art business and art marketing.
My articles have been published in The Artist’s Magazine, Art World News, Art Business News, Professional Artist, Bottom Line Personal, and Picture Framing Magazine. My How to Profit from the Art Print Market book was featured in the North Light Book Club. It is the book club for F+W Media, the parent company of The Artist’s Magazine.
I have been featured in, written for or worked with these industry leading media companies, and more.
I have produced and delivered hundreds of live workshops and online webinars for artists on art marketing.
You can get a clear idea of the marketing insights and industry knowledge I share by visiting my Art Marketing News blog. You’ll find more than 600 art business and marketing posts. Among art business blogs, it is ranked #1 by Art Business News.
I was honored to be interviewed by Bottom Line Personal. With a a 750,000 circulation it is one of the largest peronal finance and lifestyle publications on the planet.
I'm telling you these things because I want you to have confidence and enthusiasm that my advice can help steer you to a better career. I've devoted most of my business activities and all my passion towards helping artists for nearly 30 years.
I know the work I'm doing to help artists now is the best I've done. It's a happy marriage of passion, productivity, and purpose. My plans to offer more courses and relevant information for artists are just getting started and getting better all the time.
"This is an excellent course — definitely worth checking out!"
- James Daniels, Luthier, Musician